But I won’t delete it
My answer: kopox
I like your blog, it's really lovely. The only thing I can't understand about the Swiss is: how on earth can you dronk Ovo?
To be honest, I can’t stand that stuff haah XD
except maybe the chocolate bar but only if there’s no other choice
so yeah maybe I’m not the best to ask that question :P
My answer: cexxysunshine
I'm 27, Swiss and live in Canada for 13yrs now. Would luv to make some Swiss friends. So here's my question....."where is everyone hiding?"
Purgatory…. no sorry uhm haha I don’t know. I hope you’ll find some swiss friends ^^
My answer: ad0pekid
hammer blog (y) witer so :)
Suggested by: da-zdravstvuyet-smert
Suggested by: allineedistalkingtothemoon
My moms Swiss and we have a German neighbor & we live in Canada. So when she tries to talk to him she has to speak German which is hard for her and he doesn't understand much Swiss-German. They'll change from English to Swiss-German to German in one sentence trying to understand each other. It's rather funny! :)
haha this sounds so funny I would love to hear such a conversation XD
Thank you :D
- Switzerland’s official name in Latin is Confoederatio Helvetica, that’s where CH comes from.
- We have 4 official languages: German (Schweiz), French (Suisse), Italian (Svizzera) and Romansch (Svizra).
- We are not in the EU.
- Our currency is the Swiss Franc.
- Rivella is a Swiss soft drink that is very popular here and in the Netherlands…. but remember it is NOT Dutch… we made that…:P
- Our country is divided into cantons and we have 26 of those.
- Our Motto is “Unus pro omnibus, omens pro uno" (Latin) which translates to "One for all, all for one”. Or German: Einer für alle, alle für einen. French: “Un pour tous, tous pour un”. Italian: “Uno per tutti, tutti per uno.” Romansch: “In per tuts, tuts per in.”
- Switzerland has an area of 41’285 square Km or 15’940 square miles. And we have about 8 million inhabitants.
- We are located in the western middle part of europe. South of Germany, East of France, North of Italy and West of Austria.
- Renée Zellweger’s father is from Switzerland (Au,St.Gallen)
- We do have running water and electricity. We may be slow sometimes but not THAT slow.
- Our flag is a square. Only one other flag is a square and that’s the flag form Vatican City.
- The Swiss Guards protect the pope in Vatican City.
- At the battle of Morgarten in 1315 the old Swiss Confederacy won against The Duchy of Austria. The Duchy of Austria’s troops had about 9000 people (2000 of them were knights) and Switzerland had about 1500 people. Austria lost about 2000 people and we lost 12…. yes only 12. Don’t fuck with the Swiss
- In the German speaking parts (at least where I live) we have to learn French at school. There is no choice.
- We do have the best chocolate….. And we love it.
- Bern is our capital city but Zürich is the biggest city
- We were one of the last european countries to give women the right to vote (in 1971)
- The Matterhorn is not the highest peak with 4478 meters but it’s the most famous. The Monte Rosa (Dufourspitze) is the highest with 4634 meters. The Matterhorn is still on 5th place.
- And last but not least. The 1st of August is our national day. Our country was founded in 1291 by legend. Friedrich Schiller made a play about Wilhelm Tell, in that play he also talks about the foundation of Switzerland. And the Rütlischwur (Rütli oath) became very famous. This is the Rütlischwur:
And yeah today is the 1st of August so go out and celebrate your countries birthday and have fun :D
PS: Be careful with that firework ;D
Suggested By: froschdracula